An Introduction to Geomagic Design X
In this Blog article, Reverse Engineering Service expert Mako GmbH explains the benefits and usages of renowned CAD Software Geomagic Design X.
If you are searching for one of the most comprehensive Reverse Engineering Software, Design X might be the thing for you. Geomagic is the professional engineering software brand of 3D Systems. Geomagic branded software products are focused on computer-aided design, with an emphasis on 3D scanning and other non-traditional design methodologies, such as voxel-based modeling.
What is Geomagic Design X?
Geomagic Design X, a comprehensive reverse engineering software, combines history-based CAD with 3D scan data processing so you can create feature-based, editable solid models compatible with your existing CAD software. Models from Geomagic Design X are fully transferable to SolidWorks (another well-known Reverse Engineering Software), complete with their features and history.
Design X is the easiest way to create editable, feature-based CAD models from a 3D scanner and integrate them into your existing engineering design workflow. Reduce costs, reuse existing designs without having to manually update old drawings or painstakingly measure and rebuild a model in CAD. Reduce costly errors related to poor fit with other components.
Design X is easy to learn and use. In fact, if you can design in SOLIDWORKS, you can start using Design X right away.
Features of Design X Software:
- Automatic feature-based model extraction from 3D Scans
- Transfer history-based models to your company with Live Transfer
- The most powerful mesh construction tools on the market
- Traceable, accurate reverse engineering process with Accuracy Analyzer
- Direct connection to 3D scanners for in-application 3D scanning and data processing.
Benefits of Geomagic Design X:
- Delivers the fastest path from 3D scan data to a feature-based CAD model.
- Reduces time-to-market with the industry’s fastest design from scan tools.
- Re-engineer with confidence; create accurate and high-quality models from 3D scans.
- Design X works seamlessly with your company’s design process.
- Uses automatic surfacing to incorporate organic shapes into your designs.